Search Engine Optimization
Search Engine Optimization Recommendations
1. The number one way to reach Google’s front pages is: Add content everyday! A page of good keyword optimized content will do more for you than five links from Google PR6 websites. Answer your website’s email, market with a newsletter that is double opt in, and participate daily on the Internet as much as you can, such as forums and blogs. Those that allow keyword focused signatures are best.
2. Content — I know I am repeating myself, but it’s that important for you to understand the importance of doing this. Perhaps it is the single most important thing any website owner or would-be Internet business owner can do to drive targeted traffic to their website. Write, write some more, then when your wrist hurts and your head hurts, write even more. Make sure when you write that you’re writing as if talking to a friend. Oh, and don’t toot your own horn so much, but tell the user what you do for them in exchange for what it is you seek from them. It’s much easier to pry open the purse of a friend than the wallet of an uninspired user.
3. Make sure you are writing keyword enriched content for your website. Keyword enriched means using your keyword term about three (3) to four (4) times per page of content. Since most pages will only be able to rank on the Search Engine Results Pages (SERPs) for two keyword terms, concentrate on writing about the two terms that match the content theme and your traffic goals. Page length should be between 500 and 750 words. Search engine spiders cannot store much more than that per page. If your content is over 1000 words, try to add a few hundred more words and then split it into two pages. Content is King!
4. Optimization — This point covers the basic search engine optimization of your website’s pages. Use you primary keyword term and two secondary terms at least once each in the following areas, no matter which engine you target: title tag, meta description tag, meta keywords tag, URL, folder name, file name, and one time each in the image alt tags of the top three images on your page, three to four times in the page content 2 at the top, once in the middle and close to the bottom of the last paragraph of content.
5. Use the keyword terms as anchor links to other pages on your site or to other well-ranked authority sites in your industry. Use it in your head line tag, once in bold and once in italic font. Try to do this in areas where your sentences start to meld together as one on your pages, to make the readers eyes scan your content more efficiently.
The Internet is a popularity party; the more popular your website, the higher in the results pages you will soon find it. Following these ten steps will allow you to receive between 5,000 and 15,000 visitors daily to your site in under a year. Oh, and did I mention to add a page of content a day?
SEO Methods in Short :
- Using unique and relevant title to name each page.
- Relevant text for the subject of the page, and that the visitor that the site was developed for will expect to see on the pages, and will search with to find the page.
- Text that contains numerous terms related to the keyword, as well as variations of the keyword.
- Increasing the amount of unique content on the site.
- Writing quality content for the website visitors instead of the search engines. Be helpful and informative.
- Using a reasonably-sized, accurate description meta tag without excessive use of keywords, exclamation marks or off topic terms.
- Developing “link bait” strategies. High quality websites that offer interesting content or novel features tend to get large numbers of backlinks. Find these that are complimentary to your site and see if they will do reciprocal links.
- Participating in a web ring with other quality websites.
- Join clubs or groups in your line of subject matter.
- Frequent updates, at least once a month on your main relevant pages, i.e., home page, sales page, etc.
- Updating: frequent updating of content, at least once every few weeks, and more often, once a week or more.
- Spelling and grammar: few or no errors.
- Paragraphs: primarily brief (1-4 sentences). Few or no long blocks of text.
- Lists: both bulleted and numbered.
- Sentence length: mostly brief (10 words or fewer). Medium-length and long sentences are sprinkled throughout the text rather than clumped together.
New sites do not need to be “submitted” to search engines to be listed. A simple link from an established site will get the search engines to visit the new site and begin to spider its contents. It can take a few days or even weeks from the acquisition of a link from such an established site for all the main search engine spiders to commence visiting and indexing the new site. However, good search engine optimization and strategy is always a good idea.